Martin Heidegger is a German philosopher. Heidegger shows “Human reality” (Dasein) is often lost in inauthentic and everyday life. But human being can also find his authenticity and open the mystery of the Being, source of all things.
Heidegger wrote essentially:
– Being and Time (1927) Certainly the major philosophical work of the XXth century
– What is metaphysics? (1929)
– The Essence of Truth (1943)
– Paths that lead nowhere (1950)
– The Question of the art ((1953)
Heidegger and the everydayness:
Heidegger, in Being and Time (1927), describes the condition of Dasein, this being particularly where Being has to be there.
– The existing human, thrown into the world and abandoned to itself (what Heidegger calls our dereliction), is a reality whose nature is to be mainly concern: which means it is constantly thrown forward of himself, he s’anticipe itself, it never coincides with its own essence.
Here’s a way of being and existence that could give rise to anxiety. Now what exactly does “human reality” is to escape itself, forget, to hide his true self.
– The cover has a name: inauthenticity.
– Being inauthentic is precisely to evade what we are.
– What are we? a “concern” an anticipation of ourselves into the future, a being thrown into the world to die.
So Dasein takes refuge there in the middle of the “banality” universe where easy triumph “On ‘anonymity unoriginal, outright dissolution of individuality.
– In this banality, he escapes the anguish, emotional disposition fundamental confronts us nothing and before our own death, seen as very form of human life, considered in its finitude.
– Far from being, in fact, a commonplace event, death means our last opportunity, the core of our being.
But Dasein is also “there” of Being (“da” means “there” in German) as a conversion is still possible.
Heidegger, metaphysics and forgetfulness of the Being:
Heidegger’s philosophy is, in fact, centered on the difference between Being and beings.
Being, what does that mean? This term refers to Heidegger, the source of “spiritual” core of all things, which enlightens and illuminates so enigmatic.
Instead, beings are the various unique realities:
– The mind, present participle of the verb to be mean: being concrete, existing.
– However, among the various “beings” (a table, a tool, an animal, a book …), there is one whose existence is precisely a question of Being: Dasein, support the issue of Being and Being open to that.
► It is, indeed, opening to the Being that is constitutive of man and his characteristic.
► However, this opening is veiled and, moreover, constantly threatened:
The human being repressed or forgotten Being, or preferring the views empirical perspective, most daily and reassuring.
This threat is even at work in metaphysics, the study of phenomena beyond that, since Plato and Aristotle, speaks of being in the size of oblivion.
► But the forgetting of being, torn from the true spiritual openness characterize the utmost contemporary cultures.
In particular, the technique of our time (which refers to Heidegger, the equipment at all of being and the knowledge itself, somehow be compared to the truth) expresses the ontological void the fullest .
► The technique, instead of designating only the different sectors of production and equipment for machinery, covers many other areas of being.
► In the world of art, man, “the shepherd of Being”, forgets her true essence and its spiritual destiny.
Beyond attitudes inauthentic, a return to the question about Being and Spiritual Is it possible?
– This return, Heidegger draws like the only way in which man can once again display his freedom.
– As sketched authenticity as possible for the human reality to overcome the illusions of “On” and enter the real personality.
– It is in relation to Being that we must rethink and rethink our position in the world.