To shine at dinner parties, we deliver you the 20 quotes that impress everyobe aroud you, those who still believe to be right. Of course, they must be used wisely. But using bad faith and without moderation craftiness when you quote Epicurus or Sartre may never be wrong.
One last tip: let go of your sentence, and miss a few seconds, the effect will be better.
- Socrates: “I know that I know nothing”
- Einstein: “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination”
- Nietzsche: “Become what you are”
- Nietzsche: “God is dead”
- Nietzsche: “Man is a bridge, not an end”
- Plato: “Man is the measure of all things”
- Voltaire: “If God does not exist, we would have to invent him”
- Spinoza: “Man is not an empire within an empire”
- Locke: “Man’s knowledge can not extend beyond his own experience”
- Marx: “The philosophers have only interpreted the world, we now have to transform it”
- Hobbes: “Man is a wolf to man”
- Epicurus: “Death is nothing to us”
- Epicurus: “If you are not Socrates, you have to live as if you wanted to be Socrates”
- Sartre: “Man is condemned to be free”
- Pascal: “Man is but a reed, the weakest reed, but a thinking reed”
- Leibniz: “Why does there is something rather than nothing?”
- Machiavelli: “All is not politics, but politics is interested in everything”
- Schopenhauer: “The man is a metaphysical animal”
- Epictetus “Do not expect that events happen as you wish; will what happens and you will be happy “
- Heidegger: “Dasein is a being towards death”
Thus you are ready to face anyone!
Want more quotes? See our list of philosophical quotes.